- To provide high-quality primary care for the populations of rural Guatemala by:
- Strengthening the existing government health facilities
- Preserving Q'eqchi Maya Medical & Other Traditions
- Offering Traditional Maya Herbal Medicine as Part of Our Treatment Modality
- Promoting Sustainable Business Practices
- Building Healthy Schools
- Strengthening the Activities of Our Partner Women's Groups
Our Vision - To visibly reduce negative health outcomes in rural Guatemala by providing a comprehensive level of care and creating an infrastructure that promotes health, including:
- Physical Well-Being
- Economic Security
- Cultural Preservation
- to partner with local communities to provide healthcare knowledge and delivery, and to improve living conditions
This is done through:
- Self-help programs
- Medical and dental care
- New technology for communication
- Existing family planning programs
- Cancer Screening
- Essential equipment and medication.
Our vision - DB Peru will promote sustainable healthcare solutions for the indigenous people of the Amazon region
- Delivering competent health care with compassion, dignity and respect
- Offering hope
- Providing services without restrictions or barriers
- Advocating for those in need
- Operating with a code of ethics
- Fostering a new generation of volunteers and leaders
- Listening to the needs of the people
- Committing to sustainable and long term solutions
- Women’s Project for education and screening of breast and cervical cancer
- Delivery of Equipment
- Classes: Promotor/Midwives/Community (Health Fair)
- Tuberculosis and Infectious Disease
- Research projects
- Communication: Telemedicine
- Scholarship (separate budget)
- Eco Lodge (separate budget)
- Eye program (developing)
- Schools & Universities (developing)
Hope for Peru
Our mission is to improve the lives of desperately poor children by providing tangible benefits and services that meet their basic needs, enhance their self-esteem and raise their physical and educational levels in a meaningful and lasting way.
Initiatives of Change
Initiatives of Change, is a worldwide network of people working for change in society - starting with oneself. It is open to people of all faiths and those with no faith as long as they have a desire to see change. The organization in Cambodia is mainly made up of young folk because all those involved in IofC in the past were either killed during the Pol Pot regime or they fled the country. In Cambodia the youth focus on service to society by cooking meals for street people, providing food to TB, HIV/AIDS patients in a local hospital, providing school materials for poor children in a rural province, etc.
The Emmanuel Foundation
Emmanuel Foundation collects and distributes goods that aid in sustainable transformation of a community. This includes such resources as medical equipment for hospitals, dental and health clinics. We ship educational supplies to strengthen schools, as well as clothing for the poor, orphanages and relief areas.
Tooth Fairy Children's Foundation
The Tooth Fairy Children's Foundation is a charitable organization with the mission to provide every child worldwide with a toothbrush, oral hygiene education and access to dental care. The Foundation educates and build awareness of the dental needs of children globally. Funds raised are allocated to individuals and groups with the intention of providing dental care for children in need.
Wells of Hope Group
The Wells of Hope Group is a non-denominational group founded on Christian principles. We are committed to responding to the cry of the poor and to help them attain for themselves, the basic necessities of clean water, education, and basic healthcare. Our area of service is the Jalapa region in Guatemala.